The Lombard Park District is carefully monitoring developments regarding the global spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus). In the meantime, we would like to provide you with the following information and resources to keep you happy, healthy, and enjoying life.
What the public can do–
Per the Center for Disease Control (CDC), the primary way to avoid influenza, COVID-19, and other viruses is to follow simple everyday preventive actions.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
What the Lombard Park District is doing–
- As a matter of standard practice, the custodial staff members disinfect bathrooms and clean classrooms, floors, fitness equipment, and frequently touched surfaces daily.
- Additional disinfecting will be done by staff members throughout the day and overnight using more powerful, safe products.
- Hand sanitizer will be placed in all lobby areas for public use in District facilities.
For more information on COVID-19, visit the following website–